Basic Peer Counseling Training – Created and used in the Center for Women’s Ministries, an international faith-based organization.
Now available for purchase by churches and other ministries to train women AND men to be peer counselors. Contact the Center for Women’s Ministries to order this comprehensive training package.
Everything you need to train volunteer counselors – A complete 14 DVD video training program to prepare and equip volunteer counselors. Plus printable leader’s guide, student workbook and tests on CD.
Since 1989, the Center for Women’s Ministries, Inc. has been training counselors to provide crisis intervention with a spiritual emphasis to improve the quality of life for women who are hurting. Founded by Reova Meredith, Ed. D., the ministry has developed curriculum that has trained hundreds of peer counselors who have in turn served thousands of women around the world. This powerful material, Basic Peer Counseling Training, has been captured on DVD. There are 14 two and a half-hour sessions which include discussion and activities. Use this material to train directly, or to equip your own trainers to present the material live. An additional CD-ROM with PDF files includes a printable leader’s guide, student workbook, handouts and tests plus implementation suggestions. (PC and Mac compatible.)
- Personality Temperaments – understanding effects on counseling and healing
- Counseling Qualifications, Roles and Techniques – for effective counseling
- Quality control – confidentiality and knowing your limitations
- Communication 1, Speaking and Listening – levels and techniques of communication
- Communication 2, Application – listening and speaking skills
- Healing Process 1, Introduction – personal needs and past issues
- Healing Process 2, Steps and Stages – woundedness and the healing journey
- Forgiveness – what it is and is not, connection to healing
- Unhealthy Relationships – causes, symptoms and recovery
- Setting Personal Boundaries – factors that enhance/hinder relationships
- Group Facilitating – concepts for leading support groups
- Distorted Image of God – influences and steps to spiritual healing
- Applications Workshop – role playing and record keeping
- Challenge to Personal Accountability – call to a deeper relationship with God
The cost of this complete program is on sale for $399.00. Contact the Center for Women’s Ministries to order today!
“I recently purchased the Peer Counseling Training for my church so I would be able to train some ladies to help with the counseling ministry there. I just wanted to let you know how much I have loved teaching it. The changes that you have made and the activities you have included have been fabulous. They have made the training so much easier to teach and so much more real for the students. I really appreciate your work. In a few weeks I will be graduating three ladies…. I am so excited for the ministry opportunities these ladies will have and the way they will be able to minister to the women of my church …. As a matter of fact, (my husband) is looking at using the training to train some of the men to assist him with counseling with the men of the church.”
Sharon Hankins, Crawfordsville IN